Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Why I chose a natural birth....part 2

Before I divulge my reasoning for my natural birth, I would like to take the opportunity to dispel some myths about my motivations. I'm sure these will ring true to some of you out there. Feel free to add any that I forgot. We've all heard them before.

There are many reasons why I had a natural birth, however I did not choose it to:

  • Prove I'm stronger than you...
  • Prove I'm a better mother than you...
  • Win a medal...
  • Have an orgasm...
  • Prove that I'm smarter than you...
  • Be in the spotlight...
  • Prove that epidurals are only for wussies...
  • Make the lives of the hospital staff more difficult...
  • Keep up with my hippie friends...
  • Live out my masochistic fantasies..
  • Emulate Ricki Lake...
  • Put MY experience ahead of the health of my baby...

No comments: