Saturday, January 24, 2009

Birth By the Numbers

Check out this fact-filled video that details the sobering statistics about birth in our country. Sometimes, when I try to explain the situation to people and it doesn't click, I start to doubt myself. I start to doubt that there really is a problem. That maybe I'm exaggerating. Then I watch this and know I'm right. Even if only a handful of people read this little blog, it's worth it. And if even only one of them changes their view of birth, it's worth it. Because maybe that one person can reach out to a pregnant friend or family member who then reaches out to her circle and so on and so on. So watch this, and find out why Dick Cheney is responsible for the maternity care crisis, lol.
The video is about 20 minutes long, so sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and be prepared to be shocked.
FYI, this video is an extra on the Orgasmic Birth dvd(and on the website). I HIGHLY recommend checking out the website and watching the movie. It's available on netflix now. Don't let the title scare you. It's very empowering. I'll have a post about it soon!

Birth By the Numbers

No comments: