Friday, November 28, 2008

Beautiful Video of woman singing during labor...



I am in love with this video. Isn't she beautiful? It gives me chills everytime I watch it. From reading the comments on youtube, she had her baby about two hours after this was taped. I've seen people say that there's no way she could do that during active labor but it IS possible. Especially during a homebirth, when you are secure in your surroundings and with your caregivers, it's much easier to relax and work with your body.

Ahhh I just love the intimacy of homebirth...can you tell I wish I had one? hehe

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great video. I agree that when you're in your own element and are more able to focus on you rather then the beating machines and tubes, it makes labor so much more easy. When I had Wesley, I asked the nurses to come in as little as possible, I had the lights down low, the heat turned up and I alternated between the birthing ball and the rocking chair. I was so proud of myself. The only regret is not kicking out the sister in law when she wouldn't shut her mouth during contractions.
Maybe you'll have your homebirth with the next one, if there is a next one.

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

SOOO beautiful! WHEN was she having those contractions because I didn't see anything on her face? I was so glad I was able to labor at home. It makes things so different. The calm and intimacy of the birth is great. That was the one thing I was bothered by about my birth experience. Oh well, next time home birth.

Alicia said...

I had to watch it a few times to see when she had the contractions. I think there's one right at the beginning, around 24 seconds in and the second is at about 2:30 minutes. So that sounds about right, she was in active labor here and had the baby two hours later. I loved laboring at home too. It's really disruptive to the whole labor vibe when transporting! You're gonna have an awesome homebirth someday!